Dec 9, 2018 | message-notes
Joy to Your World Week 2
Chuck Allen @achuckallen
Giving Christmas to Your Family
Anyone can understand Christmas in just three statements:
• I am a _________________________.
• As a __________________ I need a ____________________.
• ___________________ is that __________________
The best thing that you can give to your family this Christmas is found in this short passage.
After seeing him, the shepherds told everyone what had happened and what the angel had said to them about this child. All who heard the shepherds’ story were astonished, but Mary kept all these things in her heart and thought about them often. The shepherds went back to their flocks, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen. It was just as the angel had told them…
These passages suggests four ways of celebrating Christmas with and for your family:
Determine to be a _____________________ this Christmas.
1. ____________________ others about it.
2. Be __________________ at the event itself.
3. ______________________ on its meaning.
4. _________________ and ________________ God.
Dec 8, 2018 | online-bulletin
Dec 2, 2018 | message-notes
Joy in the Chaos
But the angel said to [the shepherds], “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
Of all the wonderful promises contained in the Christmas story, the one that seems to be missing the most today is “_____________ ________________.”
The Savior of the world would bring:
_______________ ________________ ________________.
Happiness depends on the _________________________ in our life.
The word joy, on the other hand, is a __________________________ word.
How can we not be happy about the circumstances of our lives, but still have joy? Our text gives us some hints as to how this happens.
1. The Good News of ____________________ ____________________.
The Good News is He came ____________________ ____________________!
2. The Good News is found in the __________________ of ___________________.
Jesus is not only the fulfillment of Scripture; He is the ____________________ of ____________________.
3. The Good News delivers ____________________ from ________________.
He came with Good News! He came bringing Great Joy! He came for all of us…for all people.
Seven Promises from God’s Word
1. “The Lord gives strength to his people, the Lord blesses his people with peace.”
2. “Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
3. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you
will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
4. “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world
gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
5. “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because He trusts in
you.” Isaiah 26:3
6. “For He Himself is our peace…” Ephesians 2:14
7. “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever
is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or
praiseworthy—think about such things…and the God of peace will be with you.”