READ: Luke 24:1-12
But very early on Sunday morning the women went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. 2 They found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance. 3 So they went in, but they didn’t find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 As they stood there puzzled, two men suddenly appeared to them, clothed in dazzling robes.
5 The women were terrified and bowed with their faces to the ground. Then the men asked, “Why are you looking among the dead for someone who is alive? 6 He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead! Remember what he told you back in Galilee, 7 that the Son of Man must be betrayed into the hands of sinful men and be crucified, and that he would rise again on the third day.”
8 Then they remembered that he had said this. 9 So they rushed back from the tomb to tell his eleven disciples—and everyone else—what had happened. 10 It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and several other women who told the apostles what had happened. 11 But the story sounded like nonsense to the men, so they didn’t believe it. 12 However, Peter jumped up and ran to the tomb to look. Stooping, he peered in and saw the empty linen wrappings; then he went home again, wondering what had happened.
- Everyone was surprised that Jesus wasn’t in the tomb. Think about a time when you thought something was going to happen, only for it to happen another way.
- Why do you think some doubted that Jesus would raise from the dead (as he said he would)?
- Why is Jesus’ display of power over death such a big deal? What does it mean to our lives today?
- Do you think there is any miracle too big for Jesus?
- How can we best celebrate the resurrection of Jesus (both today and everyday)?
RESPOND: Worship and celebrate the resurrection today as a family!!! Join us for one of our 6 Easter services at Sugar Hill Church. For service times, locations, go to sugarhilleaster.com.