Tuesday Man Church Assignment
March 31, 2015
GUYS – Read Mark 14:1-9
The remarkable thing about this village just over the hill from Jerusalem is that it offered a welcoming home to Jesus during this entire week. Bethany was the village of Mary, Martha, and Lazarus. We can assume all their extended families lived there as well. They were all Jesus’ friends, which underscores the importance of our families to support and sustain us.
But there’s more. This family did something courageous: they were able to discern God’s will in this moment for Jesus and support Him in it. They loved Him and didn’t choose to dissuade Him from the fate that awaited Him.
When Mary anointed Jesus with expensive perfume, it became a symbolic anointing for the work He would accomplish through His death later in the week. It was a lavish gift, but more importantly, through her action, Mary showed her acceptance of the reality of Jesus’ impending death.
Relationships matter, guys! Here are the 10 “One Another Scriptures”
- “…Have equal concern for each other.” (I Corinthians 12:25)
- “…Greet one another with a holy kiss.” (I Corinthians 16:20)
- “Greet one another with a holy kiss.” (II Corinthians 13:12)
- “…Serve one another in love.” (Galatians 5:13)
- “If you keep on biting and devouring each other…you will be destroyed by each other.” (Galatians 5:15)
- “Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.” (Galatians 5:26)
- “Carry each other’s burdens…” (Galatians 6:2)
- “…Be patient, bearing with one another in love.” (Ephesians 4:2)
- “Be kind and compassionate to one another…” (Ephesians 4:32)
- “…Forgiving each other…” (Ephesians 4:32)
- “Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.” (Ephesians 5:19)
Guys – Thursday night is coming – have bread and juice ready to lead your family through The Lord’s Supper with me online at 7:00pm.